Monday 18 November 2013

EXP 2_ Final Submission

Strategy Statement
The aim of experiment 2 was to imagine what life would be like 100 years after humans through the remodeling of a famous building and the modification of the landscape created in experiment 1. I chose to remodel The Rudin House in a state of decay- 100 years later. I decided to chose The Rudin House because I felt that it suited my existing landscape the most, due to its simplistic characteristics. The natural disaster that I decided on that destroyed the building is a flood/ tornado.

The framework of the Rudin House included metal framework, concrete slabs, metal window frames and glass for the windows. My goal was to completely destroy a majority of the building, hence there is less than half a roof- usually in a tornado the first thing it would rip off a building is the roof.

The textures I applied was cracked concrete with moss for all the concrete elements on the building, rusted metal for the window frames and any other metal elements. Most of my glass I shattered to the point there was no more visible but the ones that are visible have a slight grey colour to it- this represents dust and dirt collected onto it over time.

For the surrounding environment I mainly just added a lot of grass and fallen down trees to present the overgrowth of vegetation over the years. I also added a lot of vegetation growing on, around and inside the building, to show how nature has taken over the house over the years. I wanted the building to almost blend in with the landscape to show how overtime it will just be combined with nature and soon to become nothing, as if it did not exist in the first place.

Draft Strategy statement found here.

Landscape- Before and After 

BEFORE


AFTER




Decayed Rudin House












Trailer 


Files

CryEngine File 

3Ds Max File

No comments:

Post a Comment