Sunday 17 November 2013

Week 05_ EXP 2

Write a paragraph describing your strategy for interactively demonstrating the notion of decay and post to your blog.

My strategy for experiment 2/ showing the notion of decay on the Rudin House is to use vegetation to cover up most of the building. I want to show how nature overtakes objects/ buildings when inhabited and the powerful force it has. As the Rudin House is made out of primarily concrete, I have chosen textures that look dull and moldy, The metal elements in the building- roof frame, door and window frames have a rusted metal texture applied to it because metal primarily rusts over time. Over time, especially 100 years a building would be quite destroyed and decayed due to nature, so that is why most of my remodeled Rudin House is missing a lot parts from it (parts from the roof, wall, floor etc.).

In my trailer I wanted to show that even though no one lives in the house anymore there is still a great significance to it, as it still holds the memories of those who used to live there. The empty rooms used to be one's special place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment